XpoLog Center Main Features
XpoLog features multiple modules that offer proactive analysis, problem isolation, log correlation, log analysis, log search engine, data visualization and a proactive monitoring&alerting system . The solution offers the following main features:
- Advanced Logs Search Console
- Out of the box and custom visualizations - Real time dashboards on the processed data
- Web based Log Viewer for any log
- Logs Correlation
- Logs Monitoring
- Out of the Box Analytics Engine - errors, trends, anomalies, stats, etc.
- Enterprise Security Integration
XpoLog Center Modules
XpoLog Center includes four modules: XpoLog Apps, XpoLog Search, XpoLog Analytics and XpoLog Manager.
XpoLog Apps centralizes the data visualization capabilities of the platform. Under each App a set of Live Dashboards can be managed to create a live visualization of the data that is managed in XpoLog. The Apps provide an easy way to manage multiple visualizations under a logical structure that makes it easier to identify issues, trends in the organization.
XpoLog provides a set of out of the box applications in its Marketplace as well as flexible wizard to create customized applications/dashboards on any log data.
Accessible via the Apps tab in the main screen on the top left corner.
XpoLog Search allows you to perform centralized searches across multiple data sources. Using XpoLog Search interface, you can search all the logs in XpoLog Center, including applications, servers, network devices, and database tables. You can search values using common search syntax such as Boolean operators, wild cards, and regular expressions. Through its intuitive language, you can search specific terms, combined phrases, any text, IP addresses, numbers, and more, and then view and analyze the results, while creating monitors, filters, and reports. Advanced capabilities include complex search syntax for measuring time of events, computing averages, calculating aggregation in time bucketing, and more.
Accessible via the Search tab in the main screen on the top left corner.
XpoLog Analytics offers automated monitoring and problem isolation. It automatically scans the logs for errors, risks, and anomalies according to predefined rules. It generates dynamic reports and sends alerts as soon as new risks or problems are detected. Each event is mapped to a risk level according to the error message. Analytics also aggregates and computes statistics of many dimensions in the log events: the amount of events over time, type of message over time, risks, anomalies, and more. When these aggregated statistics exceed the normal thresholds, XpoLog alerts the relevant user.
Accessible via the Analytics tab in the main screen on the top left corner.
XpoLog Manager includes the administration screens for managing the information, which is covered in the Administrator Guide.
- Data Management - wizards to add and organize data sources to XpoLog either by data pull approach (agent-less) or data push approach (agents/devices that send data to XpoLog).
- Log Viewer – A dedicated real-time log viewer that allows basic navigation through the various logs, opening specific logs, displaying specific log records, filtering, customizing a log, and exporting a log.
- Log Monitor – A monitoring engine that verifies the logs' contents and alerts when a rule matches the log records.
- Security Management - end to end mechanism to define Authentication and Authorization of users and groups.
Accessible via the Manager entry in the main screen on the top right corner.