XpoLog Search enables users with sufficient permission to save any search as a gadget.
Saving a search as a gadget requires you to define:
- A name for the gadget
- The view of the gadget – chart or table
- The dashboard under which the gadget is to be placed – an existing or new dashboard
- The app under which the dashboard is to be placed - an existing or new app
The search string and time period of the search are automatically input by the system from the search query of the Search being saved. You can change the time period to have the gadget run the search on events from a different range of time.
To save a search as a gadget:
- In the Search Query Panel, click Save Gadgets.
- The Save Gadget dialog box opens. The search query is automatically input into Search Query.
- In Gadget Title, type a meaningful name for the gadget (mandatory).
- In Time Range, leave the time range of the search that ran (default), or select a different time range.
- In Gadget View, select Chart or Table.
- In App, select one of the following:
- Existing – to place the gadget in an existing app. In the adjacent drop-down list, select the name of the app.
- New – to place the gadget in a new app. In the adjacent box, type the name of the new app.
- In Dashboard, select one of the following:
- Existing – to place the gadget in an existing dashboard. In the adjacent drop-down list, select the name of the dashboard.
- New – to place the gadget in a new dashboard. In the adjacent box, type the name of the new dashboard.
- Do one of the following:
- Click Save.
The Gadget is saved. The Search is displayed.
- Click Save and View Dashboard.
The Gadget is saved, and the dashboard under which it has been saved, is opened.
- Click Save.