First, please review the release notes of the latest version at V7 Release Notes
If you're upgrading an existing environment, it is highly recommended to perform an upgrade on a non production environment first and validate that everything works as planned! For any issues or concern don't hesitate to contact us at email@example.com
New to XpoLog?
Existing customers - Upgrade/Update procedure
This patch is compatible only to XpoLog versions 6.XXXX or higher, if you're running an older version - contact us for additional information. Go to XpoLog Manager > Settings > About to check the current version you're running.
This patch requires Java 1.8 and above. Go to the System Status Console (XpoLog Manager > Tools > System Status for V6, or XpoLog Manager > System > System Health for V7) and check the 'Java Version' under the 'System Information' section.
Save a V7 valid license. Please note that if you are upgrading XpoLog 6.XXXX using this patch you will be required to save a valid 7 license to activate XpoLog once the patch is applied - contact us for additional information.
Upgrade Procedure (via GUI)
- Download the update - XpoLog 7 Upgrade & Update Patch (save it - do not extract).
- Open a browser to XpoLog and go to the Updates pages (V6: XpoLog Manager > Settings > About, V7: XpoLog Manager > System > About), click the 'publish patch', select the zip file that was downloaded at #1 and run.
Note: if you're running a cluster, select to publish the patch to all listed nodes.
- XpoLog will automatically deploy the update, and restart - you should see a message indicating a successful deployment once done.
- Apply a valid XpoLog 7 license (if upgrading from an earlier version).
- Verify at XpoLog Manager > System > About that the update is listed and the installed version is 7.7544
Note: if the patch is not listed or any other error is listed when verifying, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Upgrade Procedure (via CLI)