XpoLog provides users the ability to initiate their own investigation of problems of problems in the system by enabling them to generate reports, monitor, and search the logsusing the Search console, Monitors, and Dashboards. However, users don't always know exactly what to investigatesearch for, and are overwhelmed by the massive amount of information in the logs. In these situations, and to supplement searching, reports, and monitoring, XpoLog's proactive Analytics console is very usefulmay spend valuable time investigating huge amount of data from multiple sources while troubleshooting a problem. XpoLog Analytics is a proactive console that helps users to see all problems from the log sources in a unified console over time.
XpoLog Analytics is an automatic Log Analysis and Monitoring console, which automatically scans all logs that enter the system for errors, risks, statistical problems, and predefined rules. Its Problem Analysis dashboard generates dynamic reports on the detected errors, maps problems over time, and tagging them according to their severities, and may trigger alerts to summarize detected problemstheir severity. From the Problems Analysis dashboard, users have immediate access to the analysis reports, with easy navigation and zoom-in capabilities to the relevant log data to accelerate problems isolation.
XpoLog's Analytics console analyzes log data for the following two types of problems:
- Predefined Errors
- Errors – Detects problems that have been predefined in a log filter or
- as a saved search , as follows:
- A log filter on any log in XpoLog corresponds to a certain type of event based on the matching rule, and the severity set for that log filter corresponds to the severity which that event implies on the system, and is presented in the Analytics analysis. Severities can
- . Severity can be assigned to saved searches in XpoSearch; once
- XpoLog Search. Once a severity is assigned to these
- a saved searches, they are
- search, it will be presented in the Analytics console as a predefined problems.
- Auto-Detected Errors –
- – Uses Semantic Content Analysis. Based on semantic analysis of the logs' contents and predefined knowledgebase, XpoLog Analytics detects in the logs thousands of errors and events that contain information related to a fault (for example, events containing the word
- word failure or
- or error). Analytics immediately generates a very high percentage of the problems in the logs of any application, without any configuration.
If activated, Servers Metrics Analysis displays the CPU, memory, and disk problems on the source servers from which the logs originated. The problems definition for metrics can be easily customized to meet the environmental constraints.
In addition, the Analytics console
runs statistical analysis
on multiple use cases to identify unusual behavior in the Application logs. Problems such as high/low logging activity, applications/servers that stop logging normally, an IP that extensively calls the same URL, are captured and presented automatically.