- In Add Data pane click on Over SSH. The Source and Collection Setting wizard opens.
- To change a log source, near Source Type, click on the Change button.
- In Connection Details, select the SSH account required to connect to the log, or click the new link to add an account to the system (see Address Book).
Note: If you do not have any SSH accounts defined in XpoLog, the Add SSH account page is presented automatically.
- In Log Path or DirectortDirectory, type the path to the log on the remote machine
Click Browse to open the System Files Browser of the remote machine that you connected to, expand the folders to get to the desired log, and then click Select to display the log location in Log Path.
- Optionally, append to the log path a name pattern to capture multiple files from the same log. (For pattern syntax, see XpoLog Patterns Language.)
- Optionally, click on Collection Settings to define advanced settings for the SSH log – Files Filters, and/or Regional Settings (see Configuring Advanced Log Settings).
- Click Add Log. A progress box displays the status of the system as it scans the selected path for log. When the scan completes, the Patterns Administration Wizard screen opens.
- Optionally, Apply patterns on the log data and save the log in XpoLog (see Applying Patterns on the Log).
- Click Save – XpoLog applies an automated pattern on the incoming log. Log Collection Settings wizard opens.
- Optionally, defining the basic information of the new log (see Setting Log General Information).
- Click one of the following:
Save & Close – XpoLog saves the new log and points to the logs tree. locate the log in the logs tree and enter the viewer in order to view the log.
Save & Add Another – XpoLog saves the new log and points to Add Log screen so that you may another log.