To add a database table into XpoLog as a log:
- In Add Data pane click on Database. The Source and Collection Setting wizard opens.
- To change a log source, near Source Type, click on the Change button.
- In Connection Details, select the account Database required to connect to the databaselog, or click the new link to add an account account to the systemsystem (see Address Book).
Note: If you do not have any Database accounthave connectivity details for any Databases, the Add Database account page is presented automatically.
- Optionally, define advanced settings for the Database log – Data Access Mode and/or Regional Settings (see Configuring Advanced Log Settings).
- Click Next.
The Database Query Administration screen opens, listing the tables in the database.
- Select the table that you want to add to XpoLog as a log.
- In the Query Definition textboxSelect the Remote XpoLog instance you wish to pull logs from.
- In the DB Query Definition text-box, write an expression based on SQL syntax to execute on the selected table(s).
Note: If you are not familiar with SQL syntax, leave the default expression XpoLog suggests the available DB tables during.
Advanced: If If you are interested to add functions that will run at the end of the query use at the end of the entered query XPLG_QUERY_INSERT and then the function. For example:
Select * from TABLE_NAME XPLG_QUERY_INSERT with UR
- Optionally, click Click Verify Query to preview on the lower half of the screen, the log records resulting from the query that you input. If When the verification completes, XpoLog fetches all the table columns from the DB and the Patterns Administration Wizard screen opens.
- If you would like to change the resulting log, repeat step
- Select the maximum records that you want XpoLog to show.
Note: By default XpoLog will retrieve only 10000 records from the table. It is highly recommended to select 'Unlimit' and then click order by to Set an order to the columns to specify which column should be used for the order by when querying the table. The selected column must be unique - either an ID or Date so that each collection cycle will start from the last record which was collected. Then press DoneClick Save.
The database logs are displayed in the Log Viewer
- Optionally, click on Collection Settings to define advanced settings for the Remote XpoLog log – Files Filters, and/or Regional Settings (see Configuring Advanced Log Settings).
- Click Add Log. A progress box displays the status of the system as it scans the selected log. When the scan completes, the Patterns Administration Wizard screen opens.
- Optionally, Apply patterns on the log data and save the log in XpoLog (see Applying Patterns on the Log).
- Click Save – XpoLog applies an automated pattern on the incoming log. Log Collection Settings wizard opens.
- Optionally, defining the basic information of the new log (see Setting Log General Information).
- Click one of the following:
Save & Close – XpoLog saves the new log and points to the logs tree. locate the log in the logs tree and enter the viewer in order to view the log.
Save & Add Another – XpoLog saves the new log and points to Add Log screen so that you may another log.