You can add data (in table format) from a database into XpoLog as a log, provided that the database is connected to a JDBC driver. Database table configuration in XpoLog should be based on a common SQL query.
To add a database table into XpoLog as a log:
- In Add Data pane click on Database. The Source and Collection Setting wizard opens.
- To change a log source, near Source Type, click on the Change button.
- In Connection Details, select the Database required to connect to the log, or click the new link to add an account to the system (see Address Book).
Note: If you do not have connectivity details for any Databases, the Add Database page is presented automatically.
Select the Remote XpoLog instance you wish to pull logs from.
- In the DB Query Definition text-box, write an expression based on SQL syntax to execute on the selected table(s).
Note: XpoLog suggests the available DB tables during.
Advanced: If you are interested to add functions that will run at the end of the query use at the end of the entered query XPLG_QUERY_INSERT and then the function. For example:
Select * from TABLE_NAME XPLG_QUERY_INSERT with UR
- Click Verify Query to preview on the lower half of the screen, the log records resulting from the query that you input. When the verification completes, XpoLog fetches all the table columns from the DB and the Patterns Administration Wizard screen opens.
- If you would like to change the resulting log, repeat step 3.
- Set an order to the columns to specify which column should be used for the order by when querying the table. The selected column must be unique - either an ID or Date so that each collection cycle will start from the last record which was collected. Then press Done
- Optionally, click on Collection Settings to define advanced settings for the Remote XpoLog log – Files Filters, and/or Regional Settings (see Configuring Advanced Log Settings).
- Click Add Log. A progress box displays the status of the system as it scans the selected log. When the scan completes, the Patterns Administration Wizard screen opens.
- Optionally, Apply patterns on the log data and save the log in XpoLog (see Applying Patterns on the Log).
- Click Save – XpoLog applies an automated pattern on the incoming log. Log Collection Settings wizard opens.
- Optionally, defining the basic information of the new log (see Setting Log General Information).
- Click one of the following:
Save & Close – XpoLog saves the new log and points to the logs tree. locate the log in the logs tree and enter the viewer in order to view the log.
Save & Add Another – XpoLog saves the new log and points to Add Log screen so that you may another log.